Friday, October 11, 2013

Comments4Teachers #3 and 4

Brian Bennett is a science teacher in Evansville, Indiana. He hopes to create 21st century learners, and his blog is where he writes about that mission, as well as personal projects, and technical insights.

Chrome

Chrome Logo

The first post I commented on was about Google Chrome, and an amazing function it has! Within Chrome, you can designate multiple users, and associate all of your passwords and plug-ins with that specific user. For people like me, with four emails, and very different needs that go along with each, this option is a godsend! I have a Chrome user for personal/school, Zirtual (which is work), and an account for a separate client! I told Brian that I had indeed discovered this function, and explained how useful it has been to me. Then I mentioned another trick I found within Chrome. You can have certain web pages open as soon as you open the browser, that are specific to the user! So if I click on my Zirtual user, it automatically loads up my Gmail and Harvest! If I click on my personal user, it loads up Gmail and my Blogger account. I adore Chrome, and I have no idea how I survived without it.

Astronomy

Night Sky

The second post of Brian's that I commented on was about his Astronomy project. He is going to use a program called Python to write an application that will allow him to direct his telescope via a small motor. His ultimate goal is to be able to enter a planet in the program, and the telescope will locate the planet. I told him that I thought that was incredible. I also said that I enjoyed looking at the stars, and wished him luck on his program. Then I told him that I would be posting the comments on my own blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment